Safeguarding at BBEC
Our first priority is to keep young people safe.
Our Safeguarding Principles
- We recognise that all students are individuals and have a fully inclusive school where everyone is welcome.
- The welfare of the child is central to everything we do at BBEC.
- All staff have a responsibility to act on any suspicion or disclosure that may suggest a child is at risk of harm
- Pupils and staff involved in child protection issues will receive appropriate support
If you need support with a wellbeing / child protection issue, or as a parent / carer you have a concern about a young person in school, please contact reception and ask to speak to a member of our Designated Safeguarding Team.
Meet the Team
The Senior Designated Lead/Designated Teacher for looked after children is:
Mr M Bownass (Assistant Headteacher)
The Deputy Designated Lead is:
Miss J Henshall (SENDCO)
The Safeguarding Governor is:
Mrs Rita Tyas
Mr R Humphreys
Ms K Sweeney
Mr M Colman
Mrs J Benn
Mrs R Tolan
Mrs J Mordue
Out of School Hours
- EMAIL THE SCHOOL: email@example.com
- CALL CHILDLINE: CALL 0800 1111
- CALL CHILDREN’S SOCIAL CARE: 01274 437500
- CALL NSPCC 01274 381440
- CALL CHILD AND ADOLESCENT MENTAL HEALTH: 01274 723241
- CALL SAMARITANS: 116 123
Please note, if there is ever an immediate threat to someone’s safety you must always call the police on 999.