At BBEC we have a culture in school that is values driven and where all students belong; all students including pupil premium students are supported to achieve their potential regardless of their background. Our main aims are to:
- provide additional support to improve the attainment and progress of all disadvantaged students.
- Close both the attainment and progress gap between disadvantaged students and their peers (further gaps in students’ knowledge and progress have been caused by the Covid-19 pandemic).
- Make sure that disadvantaged students attend school as well as non-disadvantaged student
- Raise the aspirations of disadvantaged students and help them, as with all our students, to be the best they can be
- Provide as wide a range of experiences for disadvantaged students as possible beyond the classroom, our ‘minimum entitlement’.
- Reduce exclusions and improve attitudes to learning/school for disadvantaged students.
We will allocate funding in order to have the greatest impact; this will be research-led, using EEF principles, and also support the combination of circumstances which are specific and unique to students at Buttershaw Business and Enterprise College.