For lots of useful information about what your child will be doing in Year 7, please have a look at our Year 7 Parent Guide.
The Year 7 pastoral team will work together to ensure our Year 7 students:
- Develop resilience to overcome barriers and have strong character to not give in.
- Are independent learners who do their best to succeed. They are willing to try and keep trying until they reach their goals.
- Make positive behaviour choices which allow them to thrive in their lessons, enjoy learning and have a drive to be the best they can be.
- Are well rounded individuals who are thoughtful of others, kind and courteous and look out for their peers. They will make new friends and develop positive relationships.
- Embody our school values of ambition, resilience, courtesy and kindness in all they do and their everyday lives at BBEC.
- Are confident in their own skin and feel they can be true to themselves. They recognise and celebrate the diversity of others around them and feel that they are a key part of the inclusive BBEC family.
- Feel safe and happy in school at all times and know where they can go to for support and guidance when they need it.
- Show ambition by participating in the wider school experiences such as extracurricular activities, sports teams and the student council to get the most out of school life.
- Recognise that punctuality and good attendance play a key part in their achievement and enjoyment of school.
- Take an active part in period 4 and the VIP curriculum, learning about real life experiences and current affairs. They will show kindness by listening to and respecting the ideas and opinions of their class.
Excellent attendance is key for all Year 7 students. They must arrive on time each morning (by 8.30am), wearing correct uniform and with full equipment for their day ahead. Punctuality to lessons is important to ensure no valuable learning time is missed.
During the year, all Year 7’s can look forward to many opportunities, including the chance to become a prefect, to join in with one of the many and varied after school clubs, theatre visits and other exciting activities.
If parents have any questions your first port of call should be to communicate with your child’s form tutor via their planner.
Please check planners at least once per week and sign the weekly page to acknowledge you have seen it. Teachers may contact you through the comments section. You can also check any homework or revision tasks set by your child’s teachers.
Should you wish to speak with a member of the pastoral team for Year 11 please see the information below.
Mrs C Crossley – Pastoral Manager
Mrs R Ford – Assistant Achievement Leader
Miss M White – Achievement Leader