- You will receive your 16 digit eCode via email.
- Go to www.freeschoolmeals.co.uk and enter the 16 digit eCode
- Select a supermarket
- Enter the amount and add to basket
- Checkout and enter the email address you would like the eGift card sent to
- Your eGift card will be processed and sent (please allow up to 3 hours for it to be delivered to your inbox).
Click here for the Parent and Carer Frequently Asked Questions (DfE_FreeSchoolMeals_ParentCarerFAQs.pdf)
What happens if I have a smartphone but no data when I’m at the supermarket?
- We suggest ordering your eGift card at home when connected to WIFI before you go to the supermarket. Take a screenshot of the eGift card barcode before going to the supermarket as this should still scan ok in-store.
I’m not able to get to the supermarket.
- You can forward the supermarket eGift card to someone else to purchase goods on your behalf if you’re not able to get to the supermarket. The eGift card email contains a link to a barcode which can be presented at the till in-store, just like a gift card.
My school has ordered an eCode for me, but it hasn’t come through to my email?
- Firstly, check your junk mail.
- If it still hasn’t arrived within 3 hours, please contact your school to ensure that they have your correct email address
I have ordered an eGift card, but it hasn’t come through to my email?
- Firstly, check your junk mail folder and trash.
- You will receive two emails – one will be a confirmation or your order and the other will be the eGift card itself. If your order confirmation email has arrived, then your eGift card is in a queue and is on its way.