The school uniform standards are high.
We operate an ‘entrance mat check’ each morning to ensure students uphold our high standards with regard to the dress and appearance code and to check on essential items for a successful day. This includes checking that students have the correct uniform and that it is worn professionally.
As a reminder our uniform code is as follows:
From September 2021:
- Black school blazer with the school badge embroidered on the breast pocket
- A coloured jumper with the school badge embroidered on the breast (Year 7 purple, Year 8 green, Year 9 grey, Year 10 black, Year 11 black)
- A school tie for the correct year group (Year 7 purple, Year 8 green, Year 9 yellow, Year 10 red, Year 11 silver)
- A plain white collared shirt buttoned at the collar
- Black tailored formal school logo trousers
- Black or white socks
- Plain black formal shoes (leather or similar material, low heel, no boots, trainers, or trainer type or casual shoes) with no logos or markings, no suede shoes
- Black shalwar and kameez or pyjama are acceptable as school uniform but a blazer, shirt and tie must also be worn
- Scarves or headbands, when worn, must be black or white
PE kit can be purchased from the uniform suppliers listed. BBEC PE kit consists of:
- BBEC t-shirt (black)
- BBEC tracksuit bottoms (black)
- BBEC shorts (black)
- BBEC PE jumper may also be worn
- Training shoes
In cold weather, students may wear layers of clothing underneath their PE kit. (If these show, they must be black in colour). Coats must not be worn during PE lessons.
Following Student Voice, a slimmer-legged BBEC tracksuit may be purchased – this style is not compulsory and the older styles may still be worn. Leggings must not be worn for PE.
Students in the Sports Academy may wear their official Sports Academy uniform for PE lessons. Students must wear the official BBEC PE kit, no other sportswear will be allowed.
We are responsible for students on their journey to and from school so we also check that our uniform is worn correctly on leaving the school site – we insist on blazers, jumpers, ties and black shoes being worn and shirts tucked in to support our high standards within the community.
We challenge extreme hair styles and hair colour – we expect a natural hair colour and smart appearance for school.
False eyelashes, nails and piercings
- False eyelashes will not be allowed from September 2018.
- False nails must be at a reasonable length. Extreme nails are not allowed.
- A discreet pair of ear studs may be worn (one stud per ear). For health and safety reasons any other type of body piercing is not allowed, tongue bars, bellybutton bars, eyebrow bars etc will be confiscated if worn.
We expect that all students come to school ready to learn. Please ensure that you child has the correct equipment. All students should be ready and have the equipment to learn; at least:
- 3 pens
- 2 pencils
- Casio (model fx-83GT X) scientific calculator (these are available to purchase from school at the price of £11.00)
- green pen
- purple pen
Please ensure all personal property is marked with your child’s name (including your child’s calculator) in a suitable bag. Bags need to be large enough to hold equipment, planner and exercise books.
We will ask your child in the morning to return home before school starts to change into appropriate uniform if the code is breached or to get key items such as those listed above. Any who cannot do so will be asked to work in our Green Room for the day.