Key stage 5
- Year 12 induction programme including careers information including apprenticeship and HE/FE/UTC information and enterprise challenges;
- All students taking business and/or personal finance can apply to the national Career Ready programme. This programme works with business partners and provides 1-1 mentors, guru lectures, aspirational visits, a Capital Experience and a four week, paid internship;
- All students are offered the opportunity of taking on a work placement in June. They can also secure extended work experiences that allow them to attend placements once a week for a term or longer;
- Each student receives a minimum of two individual careers interviews with our Careers & Academic Mentor, who is qualified to level 7 in Guidance. There is an option of additional guidance as and when requested;
- All students and parent/carers are invited to attend our superb aspirations evening. Additional mapping takes place after student interviews to ensure all/most student interests are represented to ensure students can hold appropriate sector specific career conversations;
- PwC National Schools Employability Challenge;
- Grant Thornton – Umph competition;
- All students submitting applications to UCAS attend an external workshop on personal statement writing skills and an invitation to the UCAS annual fair;
- An extended tutorial programme through enhancement sessions, including speakers from FE/HE/UTCs and experts from the world of work;
- All students are encouraged to participate in university and/or business sector, widening participation schemes such as the NHS summer school and the PwC Flying Start programmes;
- All students are encouraged to participate in volunteering opportunities within school and the wider community;
- All students complete the Progression Module with Leeds Becket University;
- Access to our careers and informative resources is always available in the careers hub within the school library and the school’s VLE, Moodle.
In addition, there will be bespoke events including expert industry and motivational speakers delivering additional labour market information and skills gaps information.
Stacy, the Career & Academic Mentor, attends all parent evenings.
UCAS is a useful website which gives you the option to search by institution nationally to see what options are available.